If you agree that one of the factors in real estate selection is a great location, then you'll love the upscale, refined setting where the new Tilghman Beach Resort is taking shape. North Myrtle Beach has a well-deserved reputation as a preferred destination among beach towns, here along the famous 60 mile stretch of coastline known as Myrtle Beach's Grand Strand. Perhaps that's because it offers the best in dining, golf, shopping and entertainment, along with wide uncrowded beaches where you can walk for miles. It also offers a relaxed quality of life, with a warm Southern welcome where you'll feel right at home.
Directions from Mapquest.com
A few of the Grand Strand's awards and accolades:
- The Grand Strand is one of the nation’s Top 10 places for investing in second homes, according to EscapeHomes.com, an online listing service for second homes and other vacation property. “The beaches along the Grand Strand – and the area’s 120 golf courses – draw 14 million visitors annually,” EscapeHomes states. “Myrtle Beach consistently winds up in various listings of the nation’s best beaches and best retirement towns.”
- In a recent online pole of favorite beaches conducted by Yahoo! Travel and National Geographic Traveler magazine, Myrtle Beach ranked No. 2 of a list of Top 10 Beaches. The qualities most important to beachgoers were cleanliness, scenery, climate, water temperature, and romance, in that order.
- The Myrtle Beach area was voted Most Family-Friendly Vacation Destination in South Carolina by readers of Palmetto Parent magazine for the second year in a row.
- The Grand Strand region was ranked among the top five golf values in the United States in the November 2002 edition of Money magazine. “It’s almost impossible not to get great golf for your money,” the magazine states.
At a glance...
Here are some facts about the Grand Strand.
• Over 4.2 million rounds of golf are played each year, on 120 courses.
• More than 1700 restaurants serve the area.
• We have over 300 outlet stores.
• This section of the Grand Strand boasts some of the area's best shopping, with the stores at Barefoot Landing, Colonial Mall, and the new Tanger Outlet.
• Getting around has never been easier, with the addition of new Highways 22 and 31.
• There are 8 live entertainment theatres, with a total of 11,400 seats.
• In the summer months, the ocean water on our beaches is about 20 degrees warmer than the ocean water in New York.
Average temperatures in our area:
• December 59
• January 57
• February 60
• March 66
• April 75
• May 82
• June 87
• July 90
• August 89
• September 84
• October 76
• November 68
View the Myrtle Beach Area virtual tour.